Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm a left social libertarian - sounds about right

Facebook - gotta love it. One of the most inane aspects of all social networking sites are the quizes, polls and games. And yet, every now and then one comes along I'm motivated to try. This political views quiz is one that caught my fancy. Here are the results.

My Political Views
I am a left social libertarian
Left: 5.4, Libertarian: 3.73

Political Spectrum Quiz


So what did I say to get there? Well I hate the idea of abortion but I hate the idea of governments forbidding it more. I think that markets are wonderfully efficient but also essentially amoral (at best) so in need of regulation and their more egregious tendencies controlled. While progress is great only a fool could ignore that all change creates losers and I think its only fair that those who benefit from things entirely outside their control (like their inherent skill and abilities) should shoulder some of the burden for those who suffer from things totally outside their control. I believe in morality and want people to do the right thing, even think its fine for us to judge those people, but its never ok to try and enforce our will on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment