Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Album Review - The Frames: The Cost

Look, I'm a guy that generally takes the world and my life in it pretty seriously, so while I love a nice fun little pop song as much as the next guy, the stuff that really grabs me is music that goes a bit beyond that and moves me. While they miss occasionally, The Frames hit the mark more often than not.

With "The Cost" The Frames are well and truly on form, giving us a tender and yet still intense, examination of what its like to try and get by living and loving in a world where things dont always finish with a happy ending. I like these guys though because they dont chuck in the towel. I walk away thinking that yes life is tough, yeah we can get dealt a crummy hand and it can suck, but we go on. We embrace life with all its ambiguity and frustration and pain and still look to live and love and go through it all again.

So for those into a little intense Irish folklike (for what of a better description) music, who want to really probe around our hurts and yet feel better for it. I really recommend The Frames album "The Cost"

No comments:

Post a Comment