Friday, January 27, 2012

Getting back on the road

Well, a week of moving, unpacking, organizing power/water/hot water/ internet access etc etc has meant a week of bugger all training.  But I hit the road again today for the first time in 6 days.  A nice little run, 10ks and I was shocked at how fast I was and how good I felt afterwards.  I suppose I really should just consider this week as a taper and welcome the feeling of speed I've got.

This week has taught me one thing - my training and my diet are linked.  When my training falls away I've found my focus on my diet goes with it so an off week for me isnt just marked by little work,it probably also includes eating too much and eating the wrong stuff and generally going backwards at a rate of knots.

Ah well, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment