Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fuelling the Engine - 1. Getting it Wrong and a Lesson

I love my steak. Thats ok, tri training actually needs heaps of protein so usually I dont feel guilty but last night it all went wrong. What was the problem? Portion control!

While I love my steak, my local butcher (yeah its part of a chain prime quality meats - but they are reasonably priced, grow their own, hormone free and it tastes great) has cheap, but great quality, waygu rump. This is a trap and I fell for it. Two massive bits of meat and I felt like I was having a little waygu baby. Whether I did much damage to my diet or not I felt like crap all night.

The lessons?

1. Do not buy more than you should eat.

2. If its a sale and you really have to buy extras, freeze the excess immediately, DO NOT COOK IT!

Some of you may have the willpower to ignore these rules, I dont and I just got a nasty reminder of that weakness.

Well, a quick, unscheduled hour ride was added to my training this morning to compensate. Was this effective? Was it needed? Am I becoming a little obsessive? Dont know the answers to the first two questions yet but I suspect the answer to the last is yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment