Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sandilands - idiot or truly an arsehole? Either way, the first FAWN.

Kyle Sandlilands is back in the news again, this time for making a crack about Magda Szubanski not really being that thin and how going to a concentration camp would slim her down (I reckon she's done great - read about it here). This is wrong for so, so many reasons.

One, if you are going to make a crack about concentration camps you really want to have some greater social comment that a celebrity weight loss idea.

Two, Szubanski's Polish heritage makes this a particularly sensitive issue (I suppose we should at last be thankful she's not Jewish - she isnt is she?).

Three, it wasnt that funny. It might not be right, but the truth is we'll forgive offensive remarks if they actually make us laugh but Kyle hasnt been able to do that for years - if ever.

But for me the questions are:

a) is this guy really really dumb who just doesnt get it or just an arsehole who really does get it and goes ahead with this crap anyway?

b) how idiotic are we? After all we made this guy a star!

I dont know the answer to either of these questions but I've decided I'm creating a new class of celebrities, the FAWN, Fucking Arseholes I Wont Name. I'll not mention this cretin by name again. Instead on my blog he will forever just be known as FAWN1.

(I suspect I might get ot a pretty big number of FAWNs one day)

PS - I understand how hard Magda has fought this one - I need to achieve pretty much the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment