Saturday, July 18, 2009

My top five cars for sale today

Hey, I warned you all. I love my cars - in fact I even love cars that arent mine. Therefore like a lot of guys in my position I cruise the classifieds looking for cool cars for sale. Beware, this will be a recurring theme so if I bore you bad luck.

Anyway, since I've surfing the net, I may as well use that opportunity to blog as well. So here it is, my top five most interesting used cars on the market in Australia today (in some vague sort of order top to bottom).

1. 1972 Maserati Ghibli SS. So beautiful and so cool it makes Ferrari's and Lambo's look like try hards.

2. 1969 Jensen Interceptor. Big US muscle in a car that can actually go round corners, stop and look really special.

3. 1973 BMW 3.0 CSL. The basis of the batmobile, one of the best looking (and most successful) touring cars of all time. Fast, light, chuckable the beemer that marked the companies arrival in the big time.

4. 1981 De Tomaso Longchamp. Not particularly fast, or good looking, or great handling so what gives. Well like the Jensen, a big powerful car with simple mechanics but for gods sakes its De Tomaso. Its an Italian sportscar with virtually no hassles and cheaper to buy than a 3 year old Commodore or Falcon.

5. 2002 Elfin Type 3 Clubman. I love these little clubman's. Ok, nothing else to say.

So there you go, five really interesting cars you can buy right now (if you've got the spare cash). Yeah I know they aren't dirt cheap but they aren't ferociously expensive either. The dearest is just over 100 grand and the cheapest just over 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment